Position: Research Assistants
Station: Homabay, Kisumu and Kitale
Reporting: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Period: 6 Months
Background and Position Summary: Our client is conducting a study to identify private sector initiatives that could improve the uptake of family planning (FP) services after a safe abortion or post abortion care (SA/PAC) by clients of private health care providers in Kenya.
Our Client seeks to hire 12 Research Assistants on a short term basis to assist in data collection among the sampled service delivery sites.
The Research Assistants will be based at selected AMUA clinics as will be assigned and will be responsible for data collection on the ongoing research study for a period of six months.
The research assistants will directly report to the Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer regarding all issues on data collection during the period of the study.
The key responsibilities for the research assistants will include:
• Develop adequate understanding of the research protocol, the study population and the study tools
• Attend training conducted by Our Client on the study procedures
• Identify potential respondents to interview, by being based at AMUA clinics
• Ensure proper screening of clients for study eligibility before recruitment of the client into the study and ensure that the participants give informed consent before taking part in the study
• Ensure that the privacy & confidentiality of the participants is maintained and observe all ethical issues during and after the research.
• Collect data through structured interviews and in-depth interviews with the sampled clients and service providers using a pre- developed questionnaires and interview guides.
• Ensure that all the questionnaires and research questions are accurately filled during the interview and also the qualitative questions are clearly documented and field notes are neatly kept.
• Data entry and data cleaning in the provided data entry template
• Transcription of the in-depth interviews
• Carry out any other duties as may be directed by the immediate supervisor.
• Signed participant’s informed consents forms
• Completely and correctly filled paper questionnaires
• Recordings of in-depth interviews
• Verbative transcribed notes of in-depth interviews
• Fully entered and cleaned dataset of quantitative interviews
• Degree in social sciences or health sciences
• Candidates with certificate or diploma qualifications and extensive experience in social science research will also be considered.
• Experience in conducting interviews in clinical settings especially on issues of sexual and reproductive health
• Experience following informed consent procedures
• Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative study interviews
• Experience of data entry and transcription
Other Necessary Requirements
The applicants should be residents of the respective sites or should be able to commute within the service delivery sites since our Client will not offer any accommodation services.
They should be ready and willing to work every day consistently for a defined number of days in the site of attachment and should not be replaced until the accomplishment of the assignment.
Payment will only be made upon satisfactory completion of the assignment monthly.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications kindly send cv to [email protected] before 2nd November 2015.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line and your expected salary.