Duma Works is recruiting Field Researchers for one of our esteemed clients: a supply firm for retail outlets all over Africa.
Role Summary: Collects, edits, processes, and coordinates research data in support of a specified research study or group of studies. Arranges and conducts field interviews as appropriate to the study, and records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures.
Travels to various sites, within a specified geographical area, as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travels to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- As appropriate to the specified position, codes and verifies data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures, and enters data into a computer database and/or spread sheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Develops or assists in the development of survey/interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews in person.
- Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual position.
- Conducts and record interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
- Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
- May set up, calibrate, and maintain field research equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completed degree or a diploma in a marketing or related field, from an accredited institution
- At least one year experience in field research
- At least one year experience in marketing
- Resides within Eastlands
- Knowledge of research planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field and/or laboratory research procedures and protocols.
- Ability to evaluate, verify and edit research data.
- Computer/Mobile data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of computer spread sheet and/or database applications in the compilation