Field Security Officer Job at World Health Organization
Vacancy Notice No: HQ/16/OSS/FT584
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two years – Renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post
SEC is a unit within the Department of Operational Support and Services (OSS). SEC is responsible for coordinating WHO’s daily response to safety and security, for providing information, advice, guidance and technical assistance on both headquarters and field security matters.
Purpose of the position:
- By consistently delivering the highest quality of service, incumbent aims to ensure the security and the safety of all Headquarters, Regional and Country office staff and premises to enable the efficient implementation of all WHO programmes and activities.
Description of duties:
Under the supervision of Coordinator SEC, the incumbent will perform the following duties;
- Conduct security assistance missions to the field with a view to enable WHO operations and ensure the safety and security of staff.
- Conduct safety and security briefings and training to WHO staff members and associated personnel.
- Monitor the security situation in countries where WHO is present and has operations.
- In liaison with the regional FSOs, when applicable, provide advice to WHO country offices upon request or on his/her initiative.
- Review Security Risk assessments, MOSS, MORSS, country Cost-Shared Security Budgets and any other relevant documents sent by DSS.
- While in Nairobi constantly review the security situation in Kenya and participate in security cell meetings. Assist both the Kenya and the Somalia office.
- Perform any other security-related task as instructed by Coordinator SEC.
Required Qualifications for Field Security Job
- A first university degree in public or business administration, social or political sciences, police science, international relations, government, law or related field.
- Advanced level degree in any of the above mentioned fields
How to Apply