Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to help bring relief and protect lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or economic collapse.
SIF provides its help to the poorest of the poor irrespective of cultural diversity, ethnicity, religion or gender.
Job Title: Finance / Admin Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: 5 Months, Renewable
Start Date: ASAP
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant reports to the Interim Regional Administrator and is responsible for ensuring that all SIF financial matters are done in accordance with the validated budgets and SIF rules and regulations.
In addition, s/he is responsible for ensuring that all expenses are charged to the appropriate budget lines as per the validated project budgets.
- Accountancy and Financial Management: Maintain all financial systems for the SIF Kenya and Somalia offices, ensure full compliance with SIF financial procedures, daily update of accountancy according to project activities, record and follow up administrative expenses, cashbox management, verification of all receipts and invoices, maintain up-to-date knowledge of national government requirements, ensure proper procedures are followed before any payments are made, do the monthly bank reconciliation and physical cash counts, collect bank statements, responsible for scanning all vouchers to HQ.
- Cash Management: Responsible for the cash box under the supervision of the Interim Regional Administrator, make payments of the local taxes and pension contributions..
- Administration: Ensure SIF administrative and logistics procedures are adhered to, maintenance and monthly update of the office files.
- Relevant Bachelors degree or equivalent in the field of commerce or business administration.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with preference given to candidates with humanitarian/development sector experience or with a UN and/or Non-Governmental Organization
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and administration.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of SAGA software is an added advantage.
- Ability to work in challenging environments and achieve deadlines with quality work.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A team player with strong work ethic and the desire to succeed
Submission of Applications:
The position title (FINANCE/ADMIN-KE) should be indicated on the subject line.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references) to the attention of: [email protected] (Please use basic excel, word or PDF format) not later than Friday, August 04, 2017. SIF is an equal opportunity employer, females are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.