Finance & Admin Manager Job at an Agrochemicals Firm
Our Client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire a competent candidate to fill the post of Finance Manager. He or she will be tasked with developing and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely generation of financial statements and reports.
Salary: 150 – 200K
Finance & Admin Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and implement goals, policies and procedures relating to financial accounting, management and budgeting.
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are reasonably in place and strictly followed to safeguard Company assets.
- Oversee the general accounting function that includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting and balance sheet management.
- Responsible for overall financial planning and management including cash flow, creditors and debtors.
- Ensure that employees’ monthly statutory and other deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB loan, Sacco remittance) are remitted to authorized bodies in time frame required and records maintained.
- In consultation with the Director, liaise with the bankers for settlement of discrepancies and clarification of entries made in the bank account statements.
- Carry out foreign exchange adjustment at the end of the year.
- Liaise with insurance broker to ensure prompt payment of insurance claims and any other matter related to the insurance policy.
- In liaison with the external auditor ensure that the reporting of annual accounts is as per the legal requirement in regards to depreciation, dividends and taxation.
- Take the lead in designing, implementation and review of the company credit control procedure, and develop and implement enhancements.
- Assist in staff monitoring, appraisal, motivation and reward, disciplinary measures and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Carry out cost and business performance analysis of Company staff against targets on quarterly basis and/or as directed by the Director with an aim of identifying cost burden(s) for improvement and exemplary performance for motivation.
- Provide guidance and training on financial matters to staff to ensure adequate understanding of the Company business goals and objectives.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA K holder
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in similar position
- Deep professional knowledge of finance and accounting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Should be a team player and posses leadership skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your C.V only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance & Admin Manager – Agrochemicals) to [email protected] on or before Thursday, 9th November, 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.