Finance & Admin Officer – NGO Job at Corporate Staffing
Our Client is an NGO in Kenya. The seek to hire a qualified Finance & Admin Officer who will be tasked with managing and coordinating the organization’s finance, administration, logistics and Human Resource functions as the officer in charge of Institutional, Support and Development department (ISD).
Responsibilities for the Finance & Admin Officer Job
- Manage and coordinate and Finance and Administration department otherwise known as Institutional Support and Development Programme
- Making forecasts to ensure that activities are done on schedule and there are available funds for each activity.
- Support project managers in development and implementation of budgets.
- Coordination of organization’s financial reporting on monthly or quarterly basis and end year or project close outs.
- Management of external, internal audits and donor verifications.
- Ensuring that financial and human resources policies and procedures are sound and strictly adhered to and enhancement of the same.
- Cash, payment and payroll management to ensure that projects have the required funds and utilized effectively.
- Asset management; maintain asset register, coordinate and manage Organization’s assets including motor vehicles and transport.
- Coordination and supervision of organization’s human resources including recruitment, remuneration, appraisal, trainings, staff welfare and record keeping.
- Supervision of organization’s logistics, procurement office security and human resources officer.
- Train and build capacity of staff in the department in finance, accounting and administration matters. Risk management; identification and mitigation of risks including review of internal controls, procedures and systems and advising the ED accordingly.
- Supervise purchasing and procurement functions Support managers in proposal and budget development and review.
- Support project managers in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure that the organization complies with tax and other statutory obligations as registered under NGO Board Act.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Officer Job
- CPA qualified with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. An MBA or Masters Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- A member of accounting professional body
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience; ideally 4-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Strong managerial, budgeting and accounting skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills and ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate financial concepts to- and to effectively collaborate with -programmatic and fundraising colleagues.
- A track record in grants management
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software – Sage Pastel preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic HR functions
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance & Admin Officer – NGO) to [email protected] before 23rd June 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.