Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- The Finance & Administrative Assistant is the first contact point to visitors, consultants, and partners. S/he is primarily responsible for the day to day operations providing support to the senior management team, Nairobi office and the project by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned.
- S/he will develop procedures which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintaining an efficient document retrieval systems/he will also assist with financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
Intellectually Curious, Professional judgement, Effective communicator, pragmatic, inspirational and Team player.
Responsibilities fro the The Finance & Admin Jobs:
Act as initial point of contact for the main office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests.(30%)
Handling and making follow up on all incoming and outgoing correspondences. Receiving and directing visitors. Receiving calls at the reception
- Working closely with the Administrator and travel agents to ensure that visits to the projects are managed smoothly, professionally and efficiently. (15%)
- Making hotel reservations for staff and visitors. Organizing for airport transfers Assist with permit for staff attending workshops and conferences abroad.
- Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriately filed and secured for easy retrieval. (20%)
- Files are created for each project All relevant documentation for each project is filed immediately its received.
- All Finance documents are filed in the relevant month.
- Scanning and uploading vouchers into Agresso when they are posted. These vouchers include suppliers invoices, receipts, LPOs, field trip reports and travel authorizations (15%)
- Scanning all vouchers that are approved in finance and labeling as per the transaction number. Uploading the same into Agresso.
- Submitting weekly report to the supervisor on the status of document archiving in Agresso.
- Preparation of cheques, photocopying them and filing as per Africa Area program procedures. (20%)
- Preparing cheques for suppliers Photocopying the same and filing in the payment voucher files. Recording cheques in the cheque book register.
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Exemplary customer care and administrative skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines and printers.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Constant telephone, face-to-face and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision.
Requirements for the Finance & Admin Jobs:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma with three (3) years of hands-on related experience.
- Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted
- Accounting Principles(GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
How to Apply
Apply here for the Finance &Admin Jobs Closing date 11/04/2016