United Disabled Person of Kenya is the Federation of Organizations of persons with disabilities in Kenya. UDPK was formed in 1989 and has the mandate of advocating for inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of development. UDPK wishes to recruit a Finance and Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be based in Nairobi. It is envisaged that the functions of this position will involve and comprise administrative as well as financial support.
In addition to working under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively with other staff in the organization. S/ He will also have significant contact and interaction with UDPK member organizations and partners as may be required of the jobholder.
The main responsibilities of the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be to assist in the delivery of administrative and financial functions and receive direction from the Finance and Administration Officer. S/He will assist in maintaining financial and administrative systems, keeping adequate, complete and assessable records in the improvement of financial procedures. S/He will also provide administrative support to the organization, including reception duties as required.
Responsibilities for the Finance & Admin Assistant Job
- Assist with management and undertake filing, scanning and archiving of financial and office records.
- Maintain Procedures folder with relevant, up to date procedures.
- In collaboration with the Finance and Administration Officer, undertake bank Reconciliation and manage the organization’s Petty Cash.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Officer with the preparation of financial reports and reporting to the various donors of the organization.
- Assist with the cash flow and annual budget forecasts and the preparation of financial reports for management and audit purposes
- Undertake membership subscription reconciliations and updating of member details.
- Assist in the procurement processes by obtaining quotes for goods and services, including travel and conference facilities and to ensure that all those processes are in accordance with the organization’s financial procedures and manuals.
- To scrutinize and check invoices for accuracy, check that goods and services have been received, prepare payment vouchers and supporting documentation.
- Perform general administration/clerical support including photocopying, mail-outs, stationery, equipment supplies and filing. Maintaining the overall standard of the office space including liaising with service providers and keeping an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings.
- Perform any other organizational duties allocated to Him/Her.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least CPA Part II qualification or a diploma in ACCA.
- At least 1 year experience in work related to finance and administration and an understanding of disability issues.
- Demonstrated work experience in finance and administration work.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning member, financial and employee files.
- Experience in preparing correspondence and other written materials.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point platforms.
- Proficiency in Quick Books Accounting System and any other Accounting software.
- Good communication skills in English, Kiswahili and Kenya Sign Language.
How to Apply
Please submit, through email, a letter of application, detailed CV, with copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 referees to the email [email protected] not later than 15th December 2016.