Finance & Administration Officer Job at Bukura Agricultural College, Kenya
JOB REF: BAC/FAO/02/2016
Finance & Administration Job Description
Reporting to the Principal, the Finance and Administrative Officer will be in-charge of financial and administrative matters of the College.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Formulating and implementing sound administration and financial policies and strategies;
- Supervision and appraisal of all support staff;
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of College Human and Financial Resources;
- In-charge of resource mobilization for the College;
- Ensuring timely preparation of Budget proposals and cash flow projections;
- Monitoring the implementation of College projects and advising the Principal on the right corrective course of action;
- Ensuring that the College complies with all statutory regulations and laws in the area of Human Resource and Financial Management; and
- Preparing periodic departmental reports.
Specifications for Finance & Administration Job
For appointment to the post of Finance and Administrative Officer, a candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field from a recognized University;
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from recognized University;
- A relevant work experience of at least eight (8) years, three (3) of which must be at Senior Management level in a busy organization;
- A clear understanding of performance management and its implementation in the Public Sector;
- Demonstrate proficiency in administration and financial management;
- Registered member of Institute of Professional Financial Managers (IPFM) or Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK),
- Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
All applicants should submit certified copies of compliance certificates from the following institutions:
- Criminal Investigations Department,
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission; and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Terms of Service
The post of Finance and Administration Officer will be offered on a three years contract basis renewable upon satisfactory performance. The rest of the posts will be offered on Permanent and Pensionable Terms.
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope so as to reach the address shown below by 10th August 2016- 5.00 p.m.
- The Principal/CEO Bukura Agricultural College P.O. BOX 23-50105 Bukura
- Or E-mail to: [email protected]
- Applicants to include CVs with details of day time contacts, Current and expected salary, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all certificates/testimonials and copy of ID/Passport.