FCDC aims to increase trade, tourism, investments and encourage private enterprise in addition to advancing efforts towards peace building. FCDC also acts as the member counties coordinating office for Kenya Vision 2030 and related programs and projects to ensure its participation in the national priority development initiatives. FCDC wishes to recruit suitable persons for the following positions:
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing Financial Management and Administration policies, systems and procedures to ensure the proper and judicious use of resources. He will give special attention to grants provided by development partners for institutional strengthening, peace building and socio-economic development initiatives.
Finance and Administration Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing a combination of procurement, financial management and human resource management and development functions and other administrative services;
- Directly supervises personnel performance in line with the approved policies and procedures;
- Prepares and submits FCDC’s annual work plan, accomplishment reports and budget proposals to the Board of
- Directors for integration and approval;
- Leads the formulation and implementation of policies, systems and procedures in the maintenance and disposition of assets, procurement, utilization and storage of supplies, materials and equipment in accordance with FCDC prescribed standards;
- Reviews and assesses appropriateness and effectiveness of policies, systems and procedures in all areas of procurement and property management and recommend revisions and/or adjustments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of FCDC policies and processes;
- Reviews documents pertaining to procurement processes, supplies receipts, reports, inventory and disposal among others to ensure compliance to prescribed FCDC rules and regulations;
- Prepares procurement documents e.g. purchase orders, job order and bidding/tender documents;
- Conducts regular in-house inventory of all assets of FCDC and prepares inventory reports annually;
- Recommends and prepares property disposal plan in accordance with prescribed FCDC rules and regulations in coordination with the property inspector and the accountant;
- Ensures updating of directory of accredited and pre-qualified suppliers, contractors, service providers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or other recognized professional accounting qualification, with a post-graduate qualification being an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a development sector or private entity;
- Knowledgeable of financial planning and budget management principles, policies, laws and regulations as applied to development institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences;
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments;
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office, internet and intranet, excel and use of other accounting packages.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be based in the FCDC office in Nairobi. However, S/He will make frequent visits to the FCDC member counties.
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach by 5.00 pm on 16/12/2016. The applicants should indicate the position applied for and attach a detailed CV and scanned copies of certificates and testimonials. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview