Program Officer – Finance And Administration Jobs at Public Service Commission
Job Group/Grade/Scale: C2
Ministry: Ministry of Devolution and Planning
Department: State Department for Devolution
Remuneration: Ksh.200,000 p.m – Two (2) Years Contract For appointment to this grade
Program Officer Job Qualifications
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years at the National or International level providing technical assistance to programme development;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or a related field from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Strategic Management, Economics, Project Management, or a related field from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Experience in Public Sector engagement and Devolution matters will be considered as added advantage and
- Possession of CPA (K) or ACCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Program Officer Job
Duties and Responsibilities An officer at this level will provide both financial and administrative support services for the implementation of the Devolution Sector Working Group activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing financial project reports on regular basis;
- Collaborating with all project partners and beneficiaries;
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of devolution donor projects
- Supporting delivery and implementation of the Devolution Sector Working Group terms of reference;
- Participating in audit of projects and follow up on audit recommendations. Administrative duties
- Liaising with Ministries, Council of Governors’ Secretariat, Inter-Governmental Relations Technical Committee and development partners project implementation units to facilitate reporting on projects;
- Representing the DSWG/secretariat in meetings, seminars, discussion groups and other events dealing to devolution
- Organization of training for the operations/projects/staff on programme issues.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online via this link by no later than 23rd November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.