Duma Works is recruiting a Finance & Administration Coordinator for one of our clients.
Location: Muyenga, Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
About the Hiring Company
The company is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever.
Finance & Administration Manager Job Description:
- The Finance and Administration (F&A) Coordinator will contribute to the day to day financial and administrative activities of the organisation, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company finance and administration policies.
- The F&A Coordinator will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quick-books transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others, as well as in administration, including: inventory management and reconciliation, vehicle and logistics, procurement, asset management, and others.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
- Maintain books, record transactions via Quick-books, reconcile discrepancies
- Contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Implement tasks across multiple functional areas including HR, procurement, inventory, asset disposition, travel and logistics
- Conduct local procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
- Help to manage inventory and all other assets, monitor and report daily stock movements, ensure proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis (weekly and monthly)
- Provide active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
- Pro-actively make recommendations for better work methods for improved efficiency and company profitability
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for Finance & Administration Manager Job
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or related education. Certification in CPM a plus but not required
- 3+ years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office systems
- Proficiency in Quick Books is highly desirable
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
A six-month trial period will be expected.
How to Apply
- A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2434”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2434 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. All applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
- Deadline for receiving applications: 30th September 2016