Job Summary: The jobholder will provide managerial support to the Finance unit which will include improving financial management and procedures that support the organisation’s operations.
In addition, this role is responsible for the implementation of policies, processes and procedures to ensure internal efficiencies and effective preparation and dissemination of financial information for management decision making and reporting purposes.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Development and implementation of effective financial strategies, procedures in order to achieve compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, and efficient resource utilization and cost containment.
- Develop and maintain efficient financial management systems in accordance with the Organization’s financial procedures and in line with local and international accounting standards and best practices.
- Develop the finance budget and monitor own budget and those of other units in liaison with the unit heads.
- Effectively coordinate the preparation of the Organization’s annual budget and monitor performance against the approved budget to ensure management is informed on the variances on a regular basis.
- Provide financial advice to other units within the Organization, especially with regard to programme activities.
- Review weekly and monthly bank reconciliation reports and prepare cash flow reports for submission to the head of finance and support services on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the Organization complies with all financial policies as stipulated and that implementing partners comply with all the contract terms and provisions.
- Ensure implementing partners (IPs) financial review and closure is conducted in a timely manner.
- Facilitate annual financial audits and any other periodic reviews.
- Prepare periodic financial reports for review and discussion with the head of finance and support services.
- Review and approval of payments and disbursements within established limits.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by head of finance and support services.
Focus Areas of Responsibilities-percentage of time spent:
- Financial planning management and reporting-60%
- Cost management-20%
- Administrative responsibilities-20%
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance from a recognized University. Business related postgraduate qualification such as a Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA (K) or ACCA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial accounting and administration.
- Preferred exposure in Agro chemical Industry on a similar position.
- Conversant with accounting packages, experience in working with financial accounting software is desirable.
- Conversant with the MS office suite
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal sensitivity skills
- Planning and coordination skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
Core Technical Skills required for the role:
- Financial Management
- Project Management
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 6th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Finance & Admin Manager”