Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Organization: The African Development Bank (AfDB)
Reports to: Resident Representative
Position N°: 500001098
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The African Development Bank office in Kampala (UGFO) was established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and Government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy. The office also supports the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Uganda. The major functions of the office fall under the major areas of: country programming, project administration, promoting participation, regional integration, and aid co-ordination, in line with the partnership principles and with a view to increasing development effectiveness and impact.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant will support the African Development Bank (AfDB) by undertaking to implement the UGFO’s administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources. He/she will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Budget Preparation and Implementation:
• Actively participate in drawing up the administrative budget of the Bank’s Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department while taking into account the particular investment needs of the Office;
• Ensure recording, up-dating and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures
• Report periodically on the status of budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
• Establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources.
• Guide the management on methods to improve control environment in the Field Office
2. Finance and Accounting:
• Ensure timely payments of all bills for UGFO in line with established financial procedures and regulations.
• Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
• Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
• Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required Field Office books of accounts, records, inventory and files in order, and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAP.
• Produce for review and final approval of the Resident Representative, all the Office monthly financial and budget execution reports.
• Responsible for the timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Country Office activities
3. Human Resources Management:
• Keep all staff records/Files up-dated.
• Up-date and submit monthly reports on personnel management.
• Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force.
4. General Administration: institutional procurement of goods and services and Management of property and equipment
• In charge of the procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’ rules and procedures.
• Manage the preparation and monitoring of service providers’ contracts.
• Keep stock of Office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment.
• Management of office vehicles in accordance with the bank’s transport policy and instructions in force.
• Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in Uganda, including workspaces, property and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance and security of facilities according to Bank standards.
• Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services;
• Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
• Proper management and control of office stores and petty cash.
• Provide timely administrative support to all the Field Office staff and bank’s visiting mission as required.
• Ensure that proper filing is undertaken in the Field Office;
• Ensure that proper control mechanism and segregation of duties are in place, and that Bank procedures are fully implemented.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the African Development Bank Finance & Administrative Assistant vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance; combined with membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA) with knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
• A minimum of six years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in a similar post in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage.
• Comprehensive working knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups
• Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of French will be considered an advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the African Development Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 11th September, 2015