Finance Analyst – Accounting, Reporting and Intercompany at Mondelez International
Finance Analyst, Accounting, Reporting & Intercompany is required to adequately provide expertise and skills towards financial accounting and reporting within the organization.
The position is also important for the purposes of Intercompany related matters such as Intercompany Accounting, Reporting, Reconciliations, mismatch resolutions, Accruals, Service recharges and global rebills.
In addition to that, the role requires the job holder to align financial statements to both IFRS and USGAAP reporting principles/standards.
The job holder will also be required to actively provide support Finance Business Lead, CEA in all aspects of accounting, reporting and intercompany. The job holder will be heavily involved in the month-end close process and ensuring the proper maintenance of accounting controls and processes.
Finance Analyst Job Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Submission of monthly HFM Intercompany PnL (statistical IFO) and Balance sheet (AP-Invoiced & un-invoiced/AR).
- Submission of monthly HFM PnL and Balance sheet Statements.
- HFM Roll forwards.
- HFM quarterly details.
- FiT txt file preparation, generation and loading into FiTFDM.
- Monthly Update of Forex Exchange rates in local SAP.
- Updating of new SKUs into FiT.
- Computation and Submission of reports eg CON301, CON102, CON207, CON208, CA101, CA303 etc
Intercompany Balance Sheet and PnL Accounting and Reporting.
- Intercompany Accruals. These include Global rebills, Expat recharges, IT charges, Management fees among others.
- Submission and managing of Intercompany Balance sheet and PnL in ICR tool.
- Intercompany Balance sheet & PnL Revaluations and Intercompany Mark-up elimination.
- Booking of Intercompany invoices.
- Solving/proposing solution to all IC mismatch issues in the periodical mismatch reports with
- Genpact/MBS and other Intercompany TPs.
- Computing Intercompany aging analysis.
ICWF Tool Project.
- Processing of Intercompany service forms for Royalties, Expat re-charges, Management charges and global rebills on ICWF tool.
Cost Centre Report Analysis.
- AnC split accounting.
- COGS analysis.
- Regional MBS and local CS & L support.
- Category performance analysis support.
Blackline tool project and GL Reconciliations.
- Submission of Balance sheet to the Blackline team for uploading into the Blackline tool on monthly basis.
- Preparation and submission of GL reconciliations in the Blackline tool
GL and Bank reconciliations.
Fixed Asset and Accrual Accounting.
- Managing the Fixed Asset Register.
- Depreciation of fixed assets on monthly basis.
- Accounting of accruals for Marketing costs, selling costs, Despatch costs, Overheads, Royalty accruals and
- General accruals.
Employee costs Accounting.
- Preparing and booking of the payroll journal.
- Calculating and booking of MIP and leave accruals
- Payroll deduction schedules preparation for payment and submission to respective organizations such as banks, SACCOs, and statutory organs.
Inventory Accounting and Reconciliation.
- GIT computation and valuation.
- GRIR match and drop and revaluations.
- Computation and Submission of monthly Inventory actuals by category reported in HFM to Genpact/MBS.
- Royalty computation on monthly basis and quarterly USGAAP reporting of royalty.
- Computation of Statutory Duties on royalty.
Indirect Taxes and Statutory deductions reporting.
- Computation and filing of statutory returns for employee related taxes ie PAYE on Itax.
- Filing of Withholding taxes on Itax.
- Computation and filing of employee statutory deductions with statutory agencies (NSSF, NHIF etc).
Management Accounts preparation.
- Preparation of management Accounts for both PnL and Balance sheet on monthly basis.
Control and compliance related Activities.
- Checking of Sales managers and salesmen expense claims to ascertain validity, accuracy, completeness and compliance to organization policies.
- Checking of clearing and import duty invoices to ascertain validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Internal and External audit Pnl and balance sheet explanation and support.
Qualifications for the Finance Analyst Job
- Bachelor of Commerce University degree
- CPA (K)
- Financial accounting and reporting skills.
- Integrity and commitment
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Drive for Results
- Planning Skills – Ability to translate strategy to action to
achieve desired result
- Good communication skills
- Business acumen
- At least 3 years in a busy office
- Good knowledge of Finance
English – Required
Kiswahili – Required