Women and Health Alliance International
Finance and Administration Assistant
Position: Under the command responsibility of the WAHA County Representative in Kenya and the Finance and Administration Manager, you will be based in Mombasa with some travel to Nairobi.
You are responsible for supporting the field team in Mombasa and partners for administrative and financial monitoring.
The Finance and Administration Assistant will:
Implementation of financial procedures
- Ensure the existing financial procedures are respected (check bills, purchase orders, quotations…)
- Training of staff on financial and administrative procedures
- Support and monitor partners on financial and administrative procedures.
- First review of partners financial reports and follow up of the reporting planning
- Monitor program accounting and documentation to ensure compliance with funder requirements and WAHA’s policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for tracking the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately;
- Support logistic staff in all financial issues/difficulties
- Ensure the follow-up of services and premises contracts
- Follow up insurance contracts if needed by coordination
- Ensure the translation (oral and written) on request
- Cash flow Management (Bank and Cash)
- Manage the petty cash and log advances
- Prepare weekly treasury planning in coordination with project and logistic manager
- Processing financial documentation, including orders, invoices and payment, manage cash receipts, disbursement and petty cash
- Manage the bank book and deal with the bank for daily issues
- Limit cash flow shortage by anticipating cash and money withdrawal, informing the project manager and the administration and finance manager in order to prepare the withdrawal request.
- Ensure that the balance of the bank account is sufficient, especially at the end of the month for salaries.
- Tracks travel plans, employee contracts, insurance, timesheets, MOU’s and tax claims
- Check that vouchers are properly filled Ensure the validity of the invoices (quality, validation, WAHA process respected)
- Computerize on daily basis cash and bank expenditures
- Carry out cash reconciliation and bank reconciliation
- Close and prepare / scan all invoices and documents which must be sent to coordination/HQ every month
- Work with the Mombasa Project Manager to advise on all financial and administrative aspects of the project
- Work with the PM to assure that the necessary space, equipment, supplies and policies are in place so as to maintain an effective programme operation
- Prepare the treasury forecast in order to send it to the coordination/ HQ before the 26th of the month
- Coordinate with logistic for set-up dating the purchase and service follow-up and the equipment follow-up
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors;
- Provide a weekly sitrep on the activities on going to the project manager and the coordination.
- Participate in the preparation of weekly monitoring of the project to be sent to headquarters in Paris.
- *Note that this job description remains flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.*
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Two or more years in accounting, financial management and administration support with experience in non-profit accounting, preferable with EU funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local and/or international NGOs, CBOs and other grassroots organizations
- Flexibility, initiative and good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Computer skills especially in MS Office
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a one-page application letter and a CV to [email protected] with “Admin Finance Assistant, Kenya” in the subject line, by 1st of October, 2015. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience.
The employer has the right to revise this posting and/or the job description at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.