Joram Kamau Tuskys Foundation (JKFT) is a Public Charitable Trust whose mandate is to Empower Communities for transformed lives.
The foundation has the following position to fill:
Finance and Administration Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Position Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager has responsibility for the finance, accounting and administrative functions for the Joram Kamau Tuskys Foundation (JKTF).
Main responsibilities include planning & budgeting, audit and internal controls; training and capacity building of the department team, financial report preparation, procurement, logistics/travel management, and general office operations.
- Leads, manages and controls the overall finances of the foundation and ensures that the management of all budgets is in line with both organizational and other appropriate standards. Identifies requirements for and develops budgets, reporting formats to aid in the management of operations, grant expenditures and financial fore-cast.
- Ensures the management and program staffs are provided with timely finance reports; Monitors and Evaluates all financial activities, and keeps the Senior Management Team of all situations that have the potential for a positive/negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Directs and/ review grantees financial reports and prepares all donor financial reports prior to submission to the senior leadership team and ensure that all the grants given out are within the budgets and that the right procedures are followed.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures relating to audits, reviews and certifications are drafted, respected and carried out in a timely manner.
- Develops and implements finance &administrative systems, policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensures regular insurance and inventory are conducted for all, and maintains updated records/lists manages all procurements processes ,vendors/contractors and ensure that all contracts for services meet minimum standards are in compliance with local laws and the foundations policies/regulations.
- Evaluates the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements. Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization’s information requirements and financial resources .Protect and safeguard IT equipment in all locations with up to date antivirus software.
- Oversee and supervise the line staff and the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized, maximize income where possible and appropriate.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA certification is required. A Master’s Degree for instance in MBA will be an added advantage.
- Over seven (+ 7) years of working experience as a finance and administration manager in a foundation/non- profit organization
- Demonstrated knowledge with compliance to government cost accounting standards, grant management requirements and experience in developing and managing budgets
- Experience in human resource management
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work independently as a team builder and player.
- Ability to train/develop others in financial management, administration & accounting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; experience in team leadership and participatory management.
- Good command of English (reading, writing, and speaking skills required) with capability in French preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge/skills with financial management software and MS Office.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit your detailed CV and cover letter including the expected remuneration, indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and the names of three referees to: [email protected]
Application should reach us by: 3rd March, 2016.