Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Organisation: TPO Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TPO Uganda is a national Ugandan Non- Governmental Organization that has been operating in Uganda since 1994. TPO-Uganda services are delivered through a community and family-oriented intervention model. We envision a society where vulnerable and marginalized people enjoy mental health, social and economic well-being and lead harmonious, mutually supportive and productive lives.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the receipt and processing of all payments for staff and service providers, enter financial data in templates, preparation and submission of reports, provide technical support to the project team and also ensure adequate controls, procurement management, office administration and budget management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of receiving and processing payments for staff and service providers.
• Manage supplier invoices by matching orders, invoices and goods received notes.
• Prepare and handle the staff payroll and remit all statutory deductions like tax returns (PAYE), social security returns (NSSF) by the 15th of the following month.
• Write cheques for approved cheque payments vouchers.
• Receive and issue a receipt for any cash deposits received.
• Process all cash deposits received within the week should be banked intact at least once a week.
• Ensure the safe custody of money in line with finance policies and procedures
• Ensure and review all documents to ensure that payments are in line with authorization levels & structure.
• Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile all cash received and paid out.
• Actively monitor and track all cash advances.
• Enter all financial data in financial templates as provided.
• Check for accuracy, completeness and coding before transactions are entered into the accounting system.
• Enter all paid transactions into the accounting system.
• File all payment vouchers that have been entered into the accounting system.
• In charge of the preparation and Submission of Monthly financial reports
• Prepare a monthly donor expenditure report for the project
• Prepare and submit variance analysis reports.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for bank accounts of the project
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation statement for accounts as required
• Prepare a monthly receipts reconciliation statement.
• Regularly review of all utilities expenditure (Electricity, phone, water bills) and prepare a monthly expenditure report.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a finance related degree
• Possession of a related post graduate qualification is an added advantage
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a related role
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the Human Resources Manager which should include an updated CV, application letter and a table showing your past three year salary history to: [email protected] or write to: P.O. Box, 21646, Kampala-Uganda .
Deadline: 18th September, 2015