Job Title: Finance and Logistics Assistant
Organisation: GOAL International
Project Name: MasterCard foundation Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) Programme
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
About MasterCard foundation DYNAMIC Project:
GOAL Uganda with funding from MasterCard foundation is working in consortia with Mercy Corps, VSO and Restless Development in implementing the Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) programme which will strengthen systems and facilitate the creation of sustainable economic opportunities for disadvantaged Ugandan Youth. DYNAMIC’S overall goal is to increase the number of young people who are in secure employment or self-employment and to promote effective and efficient agricultural market systems for youth. Through a market-driven and holistic approach, DYNAMIC will engage an array of public and private sector actors to increase access to goods, services, markets, information and productive and social assets to increase productivity of Ugandan agribusinesses and non-farm enterprises. GOAL is the technical lead for M&E in the DYNAMIC programme.
Job Summary: The Finance and Logistics Assistant will play a role in providing timely financial, logistical and administrative support to the Lira office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a University degree in Business Studies/ Finance or Logistics/ Procurement, or related field, or its equivalent.
• A minimum of one year’s experience in Finance, Procurement or Logistics operations (or equivalent) related role preferably within an NGO environment is desirable.
• Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, word- processing, internet)
• Prior experience of building relationships with customers at all levels of organisation.
• Ability to work in a team and have a flexible approach to work and colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High degree of competence in commitment to goals; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity;
• High degree of flexibility and adaptability;
• Highly pro-active and solution focused;
• Good team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• High degree of resilience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time
• Keen to learn and develop skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda via E-mail to: [email protected]
NB: Please Do Not Attach Certificates.
Deadline: 30th August 2015.