Finance Assistant Job at ChildFund
A Finance officer will supports field operations by providing technical assistance and guidance on financial management.
He/She will be reporting to the Child Fund Kenya Finance manager. She/he will be based in National Office.
Duties for the Finance Assistant Job
- Ensure expenditures and supporting documents are in compliance with donor’s regulation/audit requirements and coded correctly.
- Pro-actively rise issues and concerns with the Finance Manager to ensure Childfund remains in compliance with donor contract and regulations
- Prepare financial reports in donor format which are timely and accurate.
- Coordinating audits of recipients of grants
- Making the necessary field visits to projects
- Payment processing, matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are duly approved subject to approval limits. Ensuring all appropriate documentation for any cheque payments are adequately filed.
- All other duties assigned
Finance Assistant Job Qualifications
- CPA finalist
- A Bachelor degree in accounting, commerce, finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting,
- Proficiency in Microsoft office & accounting packages
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in Swahili required
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to program locations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Specified years experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non profit agency, preferably community organization
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs preferred
How to Apply
Apply here for the job