I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya.
Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative is a two year initial intervention whose goal is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 10-24 in the focus counties by 40 percent (in two years). The initiative seeks to provide tailored, comprehensive and evidence-informed service package targeting AGYW’s who are at the highest risk of HIV infection, their male sexual partners, families and communities.
S/He will support the Western region (Kisumu and Homabay) projects in Project financial management, cost analysis, reporting, and resource optimization for sustainability. In line with ICL Pillars, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to vision 2030 and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s )
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant Job
Project Financial Management
- Enforce compliance to finance, grants, procurement and administration manuals in the Western region.
- Prepare projects monthly cash flow projections ensuring timely requests for replenishment of the project funds.
- Ensure proper petty cash management
- Review and process requisitions against project plans ensuring timely payments in line with the finance processing cycle.
- Prepare bank, debtors and creditors reconciliation for the projects.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of financial data using Microsoft Navision accounting system.
- Ensure proper book keeping including the account payables and receivables.
- File payment vouchers, receipts, stamp them paid and follow up on any request for documents during audit.
- Prepare reimbursement invoices and send them to the donors on a timely basis as stipulated in the donor agreements.
- Filing: Ensured proper filing of all project financial requests and their complete supporting documents as per the system in place
- Budgeting: Take part in the budget preparation at activity level for the regional programs, prepare monthly costed plans and implement the budget in adherence to set guidelines in line with organizational and donor
Payment Processing: Facilitated the end to end processing of payments in line with provided budget lines and in consultation with the project managers
- Reconciliation: Prepared bank, debtors and creditors reconciliation for both projects and products.
- Financial Accounting: Accounted for working advances and presented to Finance and Grants Officer on a weekly basis for approval including clearance of staff accounts.
- Data Entry: Posted transactions onto the organizational Microsoft Navision Finance system on a daily basis for review by finance & grants officers as well as the manager.
- Reporting: Prepared project financial reports including MFR and BVRs among others for review by the finance & grants officer and manager in line with delegated responsibilities and in addition assisted in preparing weekly, monthly financial and donor reports.
- Audit Support: Prepared for audit processes in line with delegated responsibilities as per the audit schedule including facilitating documentation required
- Planning: Submitted a weekly task pad and a monthly Time Sheet and report every 26th of every month
- Contract Management: Ensure compliance to service agreements with suppliers before processing payments
- Any other duties and responsibilities as will be assigned in line with your role in finance.
Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or other business related degree.
- 2 years working experience in a USAID and SIDA funded project.
- Completed CPA II section IV /ACCA 2.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Navision and Quick books
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Excel.
How To Apply