Finance Assistant – Procurement
Purpose of the Position: Understand organizations requirements, buy products and services at the right price, from the right source, at the right specification that meets organizations needs in the right quantity, for delivery at the right time, to the right internal customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchases and Inventory Management
- Undertake procurement analysis for approval by the Supervisor and the procurement committee.
- Undertake procurement follow up for project supplies and equipment.
- Ensure accurate and properly authorized requisitions (Procurement Requests) before any procurement is undertaken.
- Ensure responsible, transparent and compliant use of funds within approved budget and in compliance with the organization’s policies.
- Take part in coordinating quarterly procurement plans.
- Keep details of current and potential supplier contacts.
- Participate in inventory management including updating stock cards, reorder levels determination and monthly inventory movement reports.
- Assist in carrying out regular inventory spot checks, quarterly inventory counts (stock takes) and annual stock takes.
- Ensure that the project does not suffer any loss through fraud and error by ensuring that the set out process and procedures are followed and that assets are safeguarded by closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control.
- Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Assist Finance Officer in Financial files and records maintenance
- Assist Finance Officer in office petty cash management i.e. receipts and disbursements.
- Assist in recording project income and do analysis of cost centers for the project’s production.
- General photocopying and filing
- Internal Administration
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Financial Policy and Procedures and Procurement Manuals, accounting standards and statutory requirement pertaining to accounting and financial reporting.
- Participate in regular reviews and status reports on progress and achievement of institutional development goals.
- Assist in general filing and office administration.
- Ensure the department’s financial documents are kept in an orderly fashion and filed as required.
- Coordinate the department’s monthly calendar for timely achievement of deliverables.
- Other duties and responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Level of education
- At least CPA 2.
- Certificate in Purchasing & Supplies is an added advantage.
- General computer skills are desired but must have knowledge and ability to utilize QuickBooks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Even temperament to deal with difficult situations
- Should be good at multi-tasking
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Application of Accounting Knowledge is key
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
Follow the following link to apply: http://www.lincolneducationservices.com/finance-assistant-procurement/
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.