Stratostaff is a provider of Flexible Staffing Solutions to medium size firms, multinationals and government throughout East Africa. By offering full human resource life cycle solutions, Stratostaff is able to contribute better talent selection, improved staff productivity and employment risk management for our clients. Stratostaff seeks to recruit a Finance Assistant.
Finance Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Based in the Nairobi Office, the person will report to the Financial Accountant.
- Ensure maximum productivity and stability in the accounts department, timeliness of work and submission of reports.
- In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Responsible for account payables and ensures good rapport with the vendors and timely payment of their invoices;
- Responsible for account receivables and ensures accurate and timely invoicing to ensure prompt payment;
- Ensure timely and accurate vendor account reconciliations;
- Ensure data required for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports is compiled and analyzed.
- Provide support to Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation process;
- Preparation of timely statutory and local tax reporting requirements for submission to the appropriate authorities and finance business leader for approval prior to filing and payment;
- Ensure timeliness of work and accounting functions;
- Make recommendation on the implementation of accounting system revisions to increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain effective accounting controls;
Competencies for the Finance Assistant
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Resourceful and open-minded;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures;
- Knowledge of financial software’s;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good commercial acumen;
- Passion for results and team player;
- Possess integrity, positive attitude and be self-motivated to succeed.
Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized University.
- CPA or ACCA
- Two (2) years minimum work experience in a fast passed finance department
How To Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 20th January 2017
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer