with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
- Assist in developing a database of all field staff involved in the county spraying
- Ensuring that the daily work logs are completed and submitted by team leaders and supervisors.
- Obtains and maintains personal information from all county spray teams which is used in administering their pay e.g. ID number, telephone numbers etc.
- Assist in review of the financial data from field stations by verifying the accuracy of information/support documentations and reasonableness of costs.
- Organize the financial document filing system for county.
- Assist in verifying and processing of payments
- Training in accounting/finance or its equivalent preferably CPA (K)
- Additional 1 year experience working as an account clerk in a busy professional environment
- At least two (2) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language capability.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team