Job Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Based in Arusha Tanzania, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global Centre of Excellence (COE) and Shared Services Centre (SSC) teams. The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Tanzania Leadership Team.
The Duties and responsibilities for this job include but are not limited to;
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certifications
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cash flow forecasts and cash management (including A/R management)
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc.
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost center; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and inventory controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for trainings on expense reporting, CCP compliance etc
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
- 8 – 10 years’ experience within finance; of which 2 years at managerial level.
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Experience with ERPs ie SAP etc.
- Thorough understanding of USGAAP and IFRS concepts
- Excellent analytical aand communication skills
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
How to Apply