In order to carry out this mandate successfully, the Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens who wish to be considered for various senior management positions as follows:
General Manager (Finance) – 1 Position
Job Summary – Position Scope
- He/ She will be responsible for the management of the financial resources of the Authority. The General Manager (Finance) will be the Head of the Authority’s Finance Department and will be responsible to the Director General for:
Overall financial planning for the Authority;
- Design, monitoring and supervision of internal financial control measures and systems to safeguard the resources of the Authority;
- Preparation, design, deployment and management of a computerized accounting and financial management system;
- Preparation of the core budget for the Authority and provision ofappropriate information, support and advice to the other Departments and line managers during budgeting;
- Assisting section heads in the management of their budgets through regular provisions of detailed financial information;
- Preparation of Financial Reports and Statements of Accounts;
- Leadership, management and organization of staff under the Finance Department;
- Being the Chief Advisor to the Authority on all financial matters;
- Preparation of financial regulations and guidelines;
- Maintaining financial records and preparation of statutory accounts;
- Liaison with external auditors;
- Exercising of appropriate expenditure controls;
- Coordinating the activities of the department and ensuring collaboration with other Departments;
- Any other duties assigned by the Director General
Specifications for Finance General Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option), or its equivalent, from a recognized university
- A Masters Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience in accounting and finance, three (3) of which should have been in a senior position such as Manager (Finance), or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Sector or Private Sector. Experience in public service will be an advantage.
- Possession of a Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Certificate, or its recognized equivalent;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) as a CPA (K);
- Certificate of Attendance of a Strategic Leadership Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution, is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Procurement and Public Finance Management systems and processes as used by the Government of Kenya, multi-lateral, bi-lateral development partners and Public Private Partnerships (PPP);
- Demonstrated understanding of the mandate of the Authority and Kenya Vision 2030 and the role of the Authority in achievement of the same;
- Good communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership
- Proficiency in Accounting Computer applications.
Terms of Service and Remuneration- The successful candidate will serve on a three (3) years’ contract, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Board guided by the State Corporations and Advisory Committee in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5.00 p.m. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID / Passport. The Director General, Kenya Rural Roads Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 6th Floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O. Box 48151 – 00100, NAIROBI. Or emailed to: [email protected] or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment Box located on the 6th Floor. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents / details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted