Job Title: Finance Intern
Reference: FIT 2016
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Profile Introduction: Our client, an International Company, dealing with the provision of solutions in energy, healthcare, transportation and finance is seeking to recruit a Finance Contractor based in Kenya.
The candidate should have a minimum of one year of experience and should have dealt with any form of financial software for a period of time.
Role Summary: The Financial Contractor is in charge of the smooth running of all onsite accounting operations. Ensuring all financial statements are up to date.
Qualifications / Requirements
- One year experience in a Financial Institution.
- Should be conversant with any accounting software.
- CPA is an added advantage.
- Should be an under graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University.
- Reconcile, Analyze and identify disconnects for all dimensions i.e. Currencies, Account, Cost
- Centre, Ref ID, IME/ILE, Project Codes and Book type
- Prepare correcting journal entries using the standard HJE format ensuring that all required dimensions are completed and balanced
- Liaise with GL Leaders to have correcting journals (HJE) reviewed and uploaded into the business ERP
- Assist in preparation of ledger tie-outs between business ERPs; identify and propose corrective action for any disconnects between the ledgers
- Review the Trial balance for completeness at all dimension level once the HJE has been posted
- Liaise with the Stat Leaders to reconcile the US GAAP and Statutory balances and Prepare adjusting journals (HJE/ADI) for upload into business ERP
- Reconcile the FA register to Physical Inventory and GL Ledger
- Check and confirm correct FA accounts are in use as per FA classification and company guidelines
- Check and confirm that FA are capitalized at the correct entered/original currencies
- Prepare correcting journal entries for GL adjustment, using the standard HJE format ensuring that the correct accounts, and all required dimensions are completed and balanced
- Liaise with GL Leaders to review and upload the correcting journals into business ERP
- Reconcile the AR sub-ledger balances to the General Ledger to ensure that they both tie-out
- Reconcile collection reports from GE CARS to the AR sub-ledger balance
- Propose adjusting journals (HJE) to correct any disconnects between Sub ledger, GL and
- Collection reports
- Assist in the I2C team in applying open receipts to invoices
- Financial Software / PC Proficiency
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, which may include but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 15th April 2016