Job Purpose/Objective IRC –
- IHUB is working to achieve optimal performance in terms of strengthening operations and finance. This is aimed to be achieved through enhancing staff capacity and strengthening up its process and systems.
Finance Internship Key Responsibilities in Kenya
Cash & Bank payments processing
- Ensuring that authorizations on the payments requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Ensure authorized receipts are correctly coded and issued upon receipt of monies.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Ensure that Intercompany documents are clearly scanned by the 30th of every month.
- Reconciliation of Ksh and USD bank accounts and preparation of spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review monthly.
- Support in the preparation of payments and ensuring all payments have the necessary documentations.
- Preparation of the vendor reconciliations and any other third party account.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Before filing, ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’ including cash payment reference details.
- Preparation of excel and SUN journals, ensuring these are fully supported and ready for review before upload
- Maintain an organized and well-documented bank correspondences file ensuring it’s continuously updated.
- Preparation of corrective journals and assisting in loading of journals as and when required
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications for Finance Internships in Kenya
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance / Business Administration. CPA Qualification will be an added advantage.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Knowledge in Excel
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software applications is an added advantage
How to Apply
Click here to apply