Finance Internships at Tax Justice Network-Africa (TJN-A)
Tax Justice Network-Africa (TJN-A) is a Pan-African initiative established in 2007 and a member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice. It is a network of 29 members in 16 African countries.
TJN-A wishes to recruit highly motivated and result oriented individuals to fill the position of a Finance / Accounting intern and Office Assistant.
Please refer below for specific job descriptions.
Contract duration: 3 months renewable
Finance Internship Responsibilities
The Finance Intern will offer services in Finance department by assisting in the following tasks:-
- Assist in the retrieval and filing of documents neatly.
- Assist in processing of payments in Finance dept. by compiling all invoices with supporting documentation, writing payment vouchers, follow up on approvals and preparation of remittances.
- Rubber stamping ‘paid’ on all documents once cash vouchers are signed and cash disbursed and before filing.
- Maintain an organized and well documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all payment and petty cash vouchers according to TJN-A filing codes
- Assist in reconciling supplier statements and ensuring all balance are up to date
- Compilation of commitments for input in PASTEL
- Assist in tagging of assets and compiling a comprehensive Asset Register.
- Assist with month-end financial reports paperwork
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications for Finance Internships
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Commerce or CPA II qualification
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of PASTEL accounting package will be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online by emailing a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] not later than COB Monday 22nd August, 2016. Please use the job title as the subject of your email.