The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Finance and Investments Manager who will be reporting to the Executive Officer.
Job Objectives: Establish Association wide objectives, policies, procedures, processes, programmes, practises to assure the Association of a continuously sound financial position
- Develop and review budgets for the Association and for project proposals.
- Control the cash-flow position throughout the Association.
- Understand the Associations business model and translate the operational metrics into measures for performance. Use dashboards, financial statement ratio analysis and other tools to communicate the Associations expected and actual performance.
- Advise the Association on appropriate levels of income to meet budget and financial requirements, balancing short term concerns and pressures such as managing cash, liquidity, surplus, long term vision and sustainable success.
- Understand the Associations liabilities and ensure these are met.
- Supervise the Finance, HR and IT staff and support.
- Establish lines of communication with bankers, auditors and investment advisors in conjunction with the Executive Officer.
- Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts, monthly financial statements and oversee payroll pension and tax contribution payments.
- Assist to develop and maintain thorough financial procedures for the organization and ensure they are adhered to.
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements.
- Support the Development of a Knowledge Management centre.
- Monitor legal issues involving the Association and affecting the industry.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Associations risk profile and report risk issues to the Audit Committee.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and ensure compliance with tax and other regulatory authorities.
- Oversee employee benefit plans with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost effective benefits package.
- Provide Capacity Building to staff on Financial matters (finance staff and finance-aspects for project staff) and be the champion for finance best practice
- Provide timely and accurate donor reports in compliance with grant agreement requirements
- Lead on any recommendations that are suggested in the audit report or management letter.
- Support and participate in Finance Committee meetings and initiatives. Implement the decisions of the committee and review compliance with Financial Policies, Bylaws and Executive Committee directives related to financial, legal, insurance, property and other matters.
- Oversee facility and ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors.
- Work towards the achievement of Association’s three-year strategy and annual business plans.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to email@example.com by 28th July 2016.
Indicate Finance and Investments Manager in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered. Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement. Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged. KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.