Our client is an intergovernmental organization whose mandate is to build the capacity of the Member States, coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Nairobi Protocol within the Region. They are looking to fill the position of Finance Officer.
Duties for the Finance Officer Job
Budgeting and Cash Management
- To coordinate the preparation of country annual budgets and support technical staff in its preparation in accordance with donors requirements. It includes the integration and preparation of the country annual budget.
- Supervise programmes budgets follow up, including Country Office management budget using relevant reports to identify relevant / expected implementation discrepancies.
- To ensure that there are enough funds available in the country to execute the activities, supervising the relevant reports and transactions (cash reconciliations, funds requests).
- Overall relation with banks, including opening and closing accounts, negotiation of conditions.
- Advices the Country Representative on the budget follow up and be responsible of the accurate expenditure of the budget.
- Coordination and overall management of local partners:
- Overview the performance of local partners, ensuring the effective and transparent use of funds together with the Senior Finance Officer.
- To supervise and support the team on the preparation of budgets, fund requests and follow up the settlements of funds transferred.
- To train partners’ staff training on the detailed financial guidelines and requirements in order to implement activities and execute budgets accordingly.
- To deal with issues not amended by partner in agreement with the Country Representative.
Accounting and Reporting
- To supervise payments of expenses executed by the Delegation, ensuring they fulfil the company, donor Regulations.
- To ensure that the expenses executed are allocated to the relevant programme.
- To provide written justification in case of incompatibility. This should be supported with external documentation: copy of regulations, reputed third parties reports, etc.
- To ensure proper accounting of all project transactions in the relevant tools (normally Excel sheets).
- To ensure proper preparation of Financial Statements, cash books, list of expenses, bank accounts reconciliations, etc. in accordance with requirements and applicable tools.
Finance Officer Job Qualifications
- Holding at Bachelor degree in finance or business management.
- Having an accounting recognised title will be a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in the area finance and administration.
- Excellent Management of Excel. This is an essential requirement. Candidates not meeting this requirement are advised to refrain from applying
- Good computer skills, especially good management of Office Package
- Good problem- solving skill
- Organization and management skill
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us via [email protected] before 30th Dec 2016. Candidates who currently stay in Nairobi are encouraged to apply as interviews will be held in Nairobi