He/she will also play a key role in setting up the regional lending HQ in Nairobi and ensuring that office productivity and happiness is high. Thus, the importance of an entrepreneurial spirit, problem-solving and communication skills cannot be understated.
Admin and Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide monthly financial reports to company management
- Assist CFO in budget preparation, coordinate departments’ budgets and investigate costs incurred compared to the budget
- Develop and implement procedures for handling finances and accounting, maintain all records.
- Management and reconciliation of bank and cash accounts, record keeping for all expenses
- Control of salary payments to staff, including pension, health insurance, tax liabilities, allowances (i.e. communication and travel)
- Supporting staff to ensure expense reports are prepared accurately and on time
- Identify, establish and manage an effective working office for the new Kenyan entity
- Identify health insurance provider, security firm, etc.
- Liaise with lawyers and tax advisors to ensure sound set-up of the Kenyan entity
- Support relocation of expat staff as necessary
- Supporting staff on flight and accommodation for international travel
- Update and maintain the Employee Handbook
- Take detailed meeting minutes during credit committee meetings and the weekly global deal forum and organize follow-ups
- Schedule credit committee calls
- Supporting Investment Officers during closing process to chase signatories and ensure all documents are filed
- Assist with recruitment of future team members
Requirements for the Admin and Finance Manager Job
- Display of excellent accounting skills (knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP), CPA, fluency in quickbooks
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a finance/ admin/ office management function
- Experience within a multinational company, working with people across different cultures and timezones
- Display of excellent communication and reporting skills, detail orientation
- Proven ability to self manage, excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to learn new online systems/ software for communication and project management (we currently use google docs, Slack, Asana and Prosperworks).
- Willing and able to spend the first 2-3 months working in the Arusha office for training and transition purposes
- Experience with banking a plus
How to Apply
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2585”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2585, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.Deadline for receiving applications is 3rd January 2017