Job Title: Finance Manager
SBU: Fountain Technologies – Ke, Ug, Tz
Reports To: Commercial Manager & Group Finance Manager
Location / Branch: Nairobi – Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job: To oversee overall Management of financial and accounting systems, controls standards, policies and practices of the SBU
- Oversees the continuous preparation of timely financial management reports for the decision making and drawing attention to matters affecting or likely to affect the various areas of the business.
- Establishes, review and implement existing financial management policies and procedures and ensure full implementation and compliance by all staff
- Directs and ensures maintenance and accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, receipts and expenditures, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses.
- Ensures adherence to effective and efficient credit management system
- Ensures effective cash flow management for Divisional SBU’s in liaison with SBU accountants
- Ensures timely preparation of books of accounts for statutory Audit and liaises with the external auditors
- Continuously designs and maintains comprehensive internal controls to ensure best practice and compliance with GAAP and applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensures preparation of all accounting reconciliations and ensures the relevant adjustments are raised
- Ensures all statutory compliance with the relevant authorities such as NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, VAT, instalment & Corporation Taxes and the management of other statutory commitments.
- Ensure effective controls on project funding by reviewing projects budgets, accounting for disbursements, and overall project cost management
- Ensures scheduling of stock take exercises reviews stock valuation reports.
- Coordinates annual budgeting excise for the division and ensure budgetary monitoring and control.
- Oversees custody of the Divisional asset registers and ensures that all assets of the company are insured.
- Liaises with the financiers and ensures all bank facilities are promptly serviced.
Key Deliverables of this position
- Cash flow management and comprehensive working capital management
- Staff performance appraisals, goal and target setting
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Accuracy and timely preparation of Budgets and effective budgetary controls
- Functional Internal control system
- Adherence to all statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Effective management of loans and other liabilities
Resources Responsible for: Financial resources
Direct Reports: Accounts Officer
- FTL Commercial Manager
- Divisional Head
- Group Managers
- Infrastructure Managers
- Operations Manager
- Internal Audit
- Government offices
- External Auditors
- Internal Audit
- Academic Qualifications
- Relevant B-Com Degree
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Professional Skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Job / Functional Skills
- Attention to detail
- Apt computer use
- Statutory compliance
- Audit Exposure
- Competencies (Behaviours)
- Apt people skills
- Operational excellence & Cost consciousness
- 5 years in a similar position
- ERP Exposure
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] not later than Friday 11th September COB. Applicant are also requested to state their current and expected salary in their applications.