Duma Works is recruiting a Finance Manager. The hiring organization is a reputable agribusiness firm dealing with corporate sales in East Africa.
The Finance Manager will contribute to the day to day financial activities of the organization, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company financial policies.
The Finance Manager will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quick-books transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- Prepare and maintain accurate, timely financial records for the organization in accordance with standard accounting procedures
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures and control mechanisms
- Ensure all statutory remittance and reporting requirements of the organization are met
- Prepare all necessary information for annual returns and audits
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management and control
- Bank account reconciliation
- Manage cash flow and prepare in advance for cash flow needs
- Oversee bookkeeping and payroll functions
- Track and account for assets
- Contribute to financial systems implementation, budget preparations, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks
- Maintain books, record transactions via Quick-books, reconcile discrepancies
- Contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports and oversight of company audits
- Maintain accurate records for all company transactions
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Bachelor Degree (Finance or Accounting)
- CPA-K professional certification
- 5 years professional experience in similar or relevant roles
- Experience in the food industry is a big advantage
- Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s)with particular reference to QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel
- Strong communication ability both written and verbal, able to train others
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
- Able to supervise a team, follow up on delegated tasks
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2607”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2607 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14 July 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.