Our client is a rapidly growing company committed to providing life-saving, affordable positive impact household energy products. Some of their products include; improved cook stoves, and solar home systems.
They seek to hire an individual who enjoys being hands on in building essential infrastructure for the department and putting together a high performing finance and credit team to support the company’s growth.
Reporting to: CFO
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Provide feedback to the CFO on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Ensure that the company does not have stock outs, and that orders are placed in a timely manner for all replenishment.
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin.
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Develop, in conjunction with the senior management team and the credit manager, a robust process for credit management and be responsible for its implementation.
- Be responsible for levels of AR and ensure that targets are hit, with any variances being explained to senior management.
- Motivate and lead finance and credit team members by providing training, guidance, and direction to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the CFO and board for review and sign off.
- Escalate any issues or worries to the CFO and/or the rest of the senior management team.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Budgeting & Reporting
- Lead the annual budget setting process with all departments ensuring they have sufficient training in how to complete templates, and then collate all the information into one company-wide budget for presentation to management.
- Provide weekly short term cash flow forecasts for CFO and senior management to review and sign off on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by CFO.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting plus full professional Accountancy
- At least 5+ overall experience in finance
- 2+ years’ proven working experience as a Financial Controller or high level Finance Manager.
- Qualifications (fully qualified and member of ICPAK)
- Previous experience working for a startup company in the same capacity is an added advantage.
- Acute attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to think critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements. Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, and proactive.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject ( Finance Manager ) to [email protected] before Wednesday 12th September 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.