In order to carry out this mandate successfully, the Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens who wish to be considered for various senior management positions as follows:
Manager (Finance) – 1 Position
Finance Manager Job Summary
He/ She will be responsible for the management of the financial resources of the Authority. The Manager (Finance) will be responsible to the General Manager (Finance) for:
- Expenditure controls and payments;
- Maintenance of up to date Books of Accounts;
- Maintenance the Asset Register;
- Supervision and preparation of all financial reconciliations;
- Reviewing expenditure returns from the regions and departments;
- Preparing budgets;
- Accounting for funds disbursed to the Authority;
- Preparing management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- Participating in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through
- Treasury regulations and procedures, and ensuring compliance with the same;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager (Finance).
Specifications for Finance Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option) or its equivalent, from a recognized university,;
- A Masters Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience in accounting and finance, three (3) of which should be in a senior position, or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Sector or Private Sector. Experience in public service is an added advantage;
- Served in the grade of Senior Accountant or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Sector or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Possession of a Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Certificate, or its recognized equivalent;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) as a CPA (K);
- Certificate of Attendance of a Strategic Leadership Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution, is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Procurement and Public Finance Management systems and processes as used by the Government of Kenya, multi-lateral, bi-lateral development partners and Public Private Partnerships (PPP);
- Demonstrated understanding of the mandate of the Authority and the role of Finance and Accounts deliverables in achievement of the same;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Good communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership;
- Proficiency in Accounting Computer applications.
Terms of Service and Remuneration- The successful candidate will serve on a three (3) years’ contract, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Board guided by the State Corporations and Advisory Committee in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5.00 p.m. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID / Passport. The Director General, Kenya Rural Roads Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 6th Floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O. Box 48151 – 00100, NAIROBI. Or emailed to: [email protected] or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment Box located on the 6th Floor. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents / details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.