Finance NGO Internship in Kenya
Finance Department (Kenyan citizens only) UNPAID
Closing date: 29 Mar 2018
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international Non-Governmental Humanitarian Organization (INGO) founded in the UK in 1984 with its head office based in Birmingham, UK. IRW’s mission is to contribute to “alleviating poverty and bringing an end to the sufferings of the world poorest population. In this respect, IRW seeks to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development programmes as well as responding to disasters and emergencies, regardless of race, religion or gender.
An internship opportunity has now arisen for potential fresh or with some experience graduates.
- To gain experience in the Finance Department
- To assist and learn different Financial tasks
- Learn by experience by handling finance related projects
Key Roles responsibilities
- Conduct Budget reviews
- Write and review financial reports
- Review Audit reports
- Review fund reports
- Review liquidation reports
- Assist in preparing monthly reports on Targets Vs actuals
- Assist in preparing Dashboard reports
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Period of Internship
- 6 months starting from April 2018
- This is unpaid internship and is only suitable for those fresh graduates who are looking for learning and gaining experience with an international NGO.
- Fresh graduates degree completed in the last 3 years.
- Bachelors in Finance
- Completed or partially completed CPA/ACCA
- An experience between one to two years is desirable
How to Apply
Please send your CVs along with your degrees transcripts and a letter of motivation to the following email address;
Write clearly the position title in the subject line
Please note that Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer and all are encouraged to apply regardless of their race, color or ethnicity.
Unfortunately due to large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.