Finance Officer Job at Adeso
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for management requirements by ensuring proper recording of project expense, advances and liquidations in the financial management system while ensuring proper compliance with all donor regulations.
The Finance Officer will report to the Snr. Finance Manager. The position will also have supervisory responsibilities over the support staff in the department
- The Finance Officer will work closely with all staff in providing finance support and ensure policy guidelines are adhered to as outlined in the Policies and Procedures manual.
Key Internal Relationships
- Procurement Committee
- All staff
- Key External Relationships
Finance Officer Job Key Responsibilities
Specifically, the Finance Officer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensure preparation of monthly finance plans in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budgets together with budget variance reports.
- Conduct risk assessment on potential partners, as per set guidelines.
- Ensure capacity building of project partners on best practices in financial management.
- Conduct regular site visits to the sub-grantees and provide mentorship, as per approved work plans.
- Treasury management, project book keeping and regular financial reporting as per organizational guidelines.
- Build or customize and maintain effective financial systems that meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Provide Organizational Audit and Partner Support.
- Maintain a filing system for project related documentation.
- Ensure proper liquidation of program expenses while ensuring timely preparation of pipeline reports.
- Any other accounting duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills for Finance Officer Job
- The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully are:
- A Bachelors of Commerce Degree (Finance or Accounting option).
- Full professional certification of CPA K or ACCA.
- Experience in years and indicate level of experience
- At least three years proven experience in a finance related field with sound understanding of NGO Operations.
- Problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good drafting skills
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Must be result-oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be culturally sensitive
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your current and expected gross salary. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] by Friday 9th September 2016, quoting the reference number (ACT/FO/11/2016). Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.Candidates who had applied earlier, need not apply