HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Finance Officer (FO) to be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent field visit to support programmes implemented in collaboration with different partners. A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To provide effective financial management support to programmes based on HelpAge International’s Financial controls, policies and procedures; monitor projects and programme budgets and expenditure analysis properly recording authorised transactions and reporting timely to both management and donors.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is familiar with Accounting systems to manage and ensure the effective implementation and evaluation of financial transactions consistent with standard practices and HelpAge International financial management procedures and principle, mentor and train partners in standard financial management practices.
• At least Bachelor Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
• Minimum 5 years Financial management experience out of which 3 years must be with INGO
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level,
• Facilitation and training skills
• Advanced accounting skills
• Auditing skills
• Numeracy and ability to prepare budgets, accounts and other financial reports.
• Ability to function with a high degree of integrity
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English
• Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Contract Period is 2 years with potential for renewal
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email, to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Applications should be sent before the end of 02nd October 2015. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No certificates need to be sent.