Duration: Temporary for 5 Months
Salary: KShs 70,000.
Job Purpose: To process financial requests, review financial documentation and facilitate payments in line with approved guidelines
Main duties and responsibilities
- Payments-Make payments in line with approved procedures.
- Petty cash handling and staff work advances – You shall be responsible for handling petty cash and staff work advances; ensuring that the cash remains in safe custody and is replenished on time
- Accounting-Enter transactional data and complete the accounts on a regular basis.
- Payroll Processing-Prepare monthly payroll and pay out emoluments to employees in line with approved procedures.
Key Results shall include
- Invoices are reviewed and checked for integrity and accuracy
- Payment documentation is prepared and approved before payment is done.
- Petty cash float is maintained at approved levels
- Petty cash requests are processed in an efficient manner
- Journal entries are done in the system as soon as the transactions are approved.
- Bank statement reconciliation is completed at the close of each month
- Payroll prepared, reviewed and for management approval.
- Pay slips are prepared and distributed to all employees
- Statutory deductions are made from payroll and paid out – KRA iTax online payments (PAYE/Withholding Tax); NSSF, NHIF, NITA;HELB; Pensions
- As a member of team, you shall work with others and therefore coordinate well and communicate effectively with other so as to foster team cohesion.
- For effective delivery of your work, you shall work closely with the Finance and Operations manager, the Grants Officer and the Administrative and Logistics Officer.
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience
- At least a first degree (Bachelors) in business administration, finance and accounting or other related area of studies is required
- Experience (minimum 2 years) working in development sector such as NGO, with strong administrative and financial management experience
- Accounting skills and with CPA III preferred.
- Ability to understand and operationalise administrative instructions, financial and accounting policies, rules and procedures is required.
- Experience working in other countries in East Africa and an understanding of the political, social and economic situation in the region.
- Experience in supporting Administration and HR functions.
Skills and Abilities
- A culturally sensitive communicator and manager
- Good information management skills including the ability to write clear concise reports for a variety of audiences in Swahili and English
- Strong and engaging communication and presentational skills, necessary in working with partners
- Good interpersonal skills and working diplomatically with colleagues to develop trust, shared understanding and motivation
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in using Sun system or other accountancy software packages
- Willingness to work flexibly and, on occasions, outside of office hours
- Good team player and committed to the welfare of the organisation.
How to Apply
- All eligible candidates should send their application letter and CV including 3 referees to [email protected] not later than May 30, 2016.
- Quote FINANCE OFFICER (temporary) as the email subject line.