Vacancy: Finance Officer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist Finance & Operations Manager to ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with throughout the country programme by all staff
- Assist Finance & Operations Manager to conduct internal audits of partners to ensure that all financial and administrative procedures are carried out in line with the Organisation’s Minimum Financial Standards and Controls, grant agreements and local legislation
- Maintain office petty cash including disbursement as authorised and accounting.
- Prepare monthly office expenses and cash forecast.
- Ensure all payments are properly authorised in accordance with procedures, authorisation levels, and prompt payment to suppliers and creditors.
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of bank and petty cash.
- Assist with preparation of the office financial reports monthly, quarterly and annual
- Assist with the preparation of the office budget and forecasts
- Calculate and supervise monthly communication costs of each base (phone, e-mail, Internet).
- Maintain a central filing system; ensuring consistent use and appropriate archiving of official administrative and finance documents.
Partnership Support and Financial Accountability
- Assist in review and monitoring of partner expenditure against approved budget
- Assist in provision of technical support to partners in developing and managing budgets, accounts, reports, internal controls and risk management
- Participate, contribute and implement financial decisions in a timely manner from regular review, visits, meetings and workshops.
- Participate in management of Organisation’s Small Initiatives Fund (SIF)
- Support review of monthly funding requests from partners
- Assist to maintain partners’ grant funding payment schedule/record and ensure payments are made in accordance with signed grant agreement/grant payment plan.
- Assist in grant funding reconciliation on regular basis
Human Resources Administration
- Prepare staff payroll, maintain and review staff payroll deductions.
- Maintain staff annual leave, sick live and TOIL.
- Maintain the office staff and consultancy contracts.
Coordination and communications
- Ensure a high level of information flow to the Finance & Operations Manager and/ or Regional Representative and the UK as requested that supports the Organisation’s work including accountability.
- Maintain good, regular and open communication with the Finance & Operations Manager and other Organisation EA staff as well as finance department in the UK
- As directed by the Finance & Operations Manager and/ or Regional Representative, organise for finance visits from Organisation UK and partner staff and ensure that all necessary logistics are arranged
- Liaise with the Organisation’s East Africa external auditors
- Working closely with Finance and Operations Manager, document and improve financial processes of partners to ensure the effective use of resources and best practice.
- Prepare standard and custom reports and conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as necessary.
- Perform such additional tasks as may reasonably be requested from time to time by the Finance and Operations manager, and/ or the Regional Representative.
- In undertaking the role, comply with all Organisation global and regional policies and procedures
- At least a first degree (Bachelors) in business administration, finance and accounting or other related area of studies is required
- Experience (minimum 2 years) working in development sector such as NGO, with strong administrative and financial management experience
- Accounting skills and with CPA III preferred.
- Ability to understand and operationalise administrative instructions, financial and accounting policies, rules and procedures is required.
- Knowledge of basic animal welfare concepts and an understanding of the importance of working equines to the economies of developing countries
- Experience working in other countries in East Africa and an understanding of the political, social and economic situation in the region.
- Experience in supporting Administration and HR functions.
How to Apply
All interested and eligible candidates should send their application letter, CV including 3 referees and updated documents to [email protected] not later than May 23, 2016.