Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Finance Officer position for one of our clients.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will ensure that the company’s internal controls, policies and mechanisms comply with top management’s recommendations, industry practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of annual comprehensive budgets and all financial reports for Board/General Manager;
- Participates in the development of budget proposals;
- Assists in the financial audits, if and when required;
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate filing of financial records, and ensures proper backup of all files;
- Provides advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practices, as required;
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date debtors, prepayments, accruals and creditors list; and
- Oversee and cross-check whether all clients payments are in order before payment.
- Responsible for maintaining and performing bank reconciliations and other reconciliations under this function e.g. Loan reconciliations;
- Act as an agent to the bank on behalf of the company;
- Custodian of all cheque books and responsible for tracking every cheque leaf used; and
- Prepares requests for cash and ensures all disbursements have appropriate supporting documents.
- Produces invoices and ensures they contain the necessary information to facilitate timely Payment;
- Ensures all expenses and requests for disbursements are approved by the appropriate authority;
- Prepare all cheques within specified time lines; and
- Ensures all accounts payable are recorded manually or in the computer system.
- Perform monthly payroll functions and responsible for payment of all salaries, commissions and benefits, statutory deductions within the timeframe allowed by the respective institutions.
- Preparation of weekly management reports, monthly management accounts, as well as any other financial report that may be required by any of our stakeholders;
- Responsible for providing all necessary documents to external auditors to aid the performance of annual audit;
- Oversee the usage and reconciliation of petty cash;
- Responsible for monitoring activity in all bank accounts, prepare daily/weekly/monthly cash flow analysis, periodic budgets to aid financial planning by management; and
- Responsible for monitoring and approving where necessary, that all company expenditure is in line with the budget.
- University degree in Finance, audit or Business;
- CPAK or CPA 3 or above;
- 3-5 years experience with a good working knowledge of software packages such as Sage ERP, Sage Pastel, Quick- Books and other payroll packages; and
- Detail oriented and a quick learner.
How to Apply