Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Project Name: USAID Long Term Family Planning Methods (LTFP) Programme
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Annual Salary: £15,300 – £18,720.
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
About USAID LTFP Programme:
Marie Stopes International Uganda (MSI Uganda) is currently the lead partner in implementing the USAID Long Term Family Planning Methods (LTFP) Programme. The LTFP Programme expands affordable services and choice of the full range of contraceptive choice to rural and underserved communities through a dynamic mix of mobile clinical outreach, social franchising and community based distribution. In partnership with the Ministry of Health, this programme supports the long term capacity of public and private sector providers to deliver high quality FP counselling and services.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will offer technical support to the finance team dedicated to the effective and appropriate financial management of the organization. The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that front end is properly managed and finance team is supported in terms of information provision at their end. The role will have a critical obligation to work closely with the team to process and post payments on time ensuring that all financial documentation is prepared correctly and filed properly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Finance Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor of Accountancy degree or equivalent is essential.
- Membership, affiliation or enrolled student of a professional accountancy programme for example ACCA, CPA desirable
- A minimum of two years’ experience at the level of finance officer in busy environment or an auditor in a reputable audit firm.
- Working knowledge of internal controls, systems and procedures.
- Previous exposure and experience using computerised accounting systems for example SUN, Tally, QuickBooks etc.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and or GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Cross-functional team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 20th May 2016 by 11:59 pm