Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Banking: Preparation of bank statements and payments received and posting of same to the bank and Finance system.
- Manual and system reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Credit Control and Debtor Ledger Maintenance: Daily payment and reconciliation of suppliers and clients etc.
- Weekly credit control of outstanding deposits and post event service invoices on the Debtor’s ledger.
- Managing the invoice and payment processing by the Finance Administrator and ensuring the ledger is kept up to date.
- In charge of the preparation of Monthly Management Account Schedules: Preparation and reconciliation of the monthly income schedules to identify income to be included in the monthly management accounts.
- Updating and analysis of the daily, weekly, monthly expenditure schedules to identify accrual and prepayments to be included in the monthly management accounts.
- In charge of analyzing the company and departmental P&L for the month.
- Monthly Payroll Cover and Payroll Accounting.
- Ad-hoc Accounting Duties: Producing ad hoc reports and reconciliations as required by the Finance Manager
- IT Projects: Assisting the Finance Manager on IT related projects to improve the integration of the various Departmental systems with the Finance systems.
- Ad-hoc General Duties: Participating in any other projects, events or activities as directed by the Finance Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager and/or Chief Executive.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce/Finance &Accounting and related fields
- One year to two years hands on working experience Finance and accounting roles
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Finance/accounting packages like Quick books, Tally, Sage are added advantage
- Broad understanding the Business and its practices
- Achieving Results on time
- Serving the Customer and understanding their needs
- Teamwork, integrity and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proper communication channels
- Strategic Planning and proper scheduling of tasks given
- Adopts a proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision, while recognizing issues that require referral
- Fluent in English and other local languages
- Age: Between 25 – 33 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (send as one document) to our e-mail to: [email protected]
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
- Kindly mark your application as “Application_ Finance Officer” in the subject line of your email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th February 2016