The overall purpose of the position is to perform the day to day operational accounting function and provide analytical and technical support to the finance and administration unit. This position supports Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Reviews monthly transactions and prepares accounts payable and accounts receivable entries for MI Africa offices
- Creates GL accounts as required
- Maintains the capital asset subledger and database for MI Africa offices
- Maintains and reconciles prepaid expenses
- Prepares various month end journal entries including depreciation, prepaid expenses, petty cash
Country Office Support
- Supports the country and regional offices by providing guidance and training regarding monthly financial transactions and MI policies and procedures
- Prepares bank reconciliations for Africa offices
Assists with in the preparation of various year-end worksheets and account analysis
- Compiles bi-weekly payroll information and ensures timely and accurate submission to payroll provider for HQ
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll reconciliations
- Prepares annual T4’s
- Prepares ad hoc reports, analysis and reconciliations as required
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- College diploma or University degree in accounting, finance or business.
- A minimum of three years experience in an accounting environment.
- Previous experience in Canadian payroll.
- Enrolment in the CPA program considered an asset.
- Fluent in English is required. French will be considered an asset
Other Specific Skill Requirements
- Good judgement in analysing data and information, and adapting procedures to accommodate new or unusual situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound technical and professional knowledge of finance and accounting
- Ability of handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Self motivated and confident
- Demonstrated client service oriented mind set
- Experience with Dynamics GL considered an asset
- Knowledge of international banking practices considered an asset
This job description can and will be amended as required from time to time.
How To Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] quoting Job#: CRP037 in the subject line.
Competition closes January 13, 2017. Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Micronutrient Initiative is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.