Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 50 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
Finance Admin HR Manager, under the supervision of the Head of Office and in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff and under technical supervision of the Head of Finance Admin in Erbil, is responsible for keeping financial, accounting, administrative and Human Resources in order to meet legislative requirements and support operations. The position is the focal point for compliance and serves as the acting Head of Office in the absence of such.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Finance/Admin/HR Manager
- Establish and maintain internal financial and administration procedures compatible with the country’s law, the organization’s internal regulations and donor requirements;
- Ensure Compliance of all processes with DRC Internal Regulations, Donor requirements and the local legislation;
- Ensure that proper financial and administrative procedures are operated and maintained at field office in compliance with DRC rules and regulations;
- Oversee and assure the smooth running of support functions in area of operations;
- Work with the Project Manager and grants officer in budget preparations, revisions and follow ups;
- Works with HoO and PMs on cash needs, budget consumptions and forecasts;
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk;
- Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorisation;
- Ensure that the organization and donor compliance is mainstreamed;
- Assist financial reports to donors and answer any queries about them after receipt of required authorizations;
- Work closely with Main office and ensure that financial reports are received and checked in a timely manner;
- Assist in audits to ensure compliance;
- Is member of the office SMT and helps with strategic planning of the office;
- Manage HR/staff administration in accordance to organization’s internal regulations and local laws;
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated;Ensure that inventory and assets lists are maintained and regularly updated in coordination with logistics department;
- Conduct on-the-job training to field staff as necessary and induction/training for new field staff
Finance/Admin/HR Manager Qualifications
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or other related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with an international NGO, UN Agencies, with work experience at management level
- Knowledge of donors guidelines and procedures
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English; Kurdish/Arabic will be an asset
- Able to work independently and energetically
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and Excel proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues
- Previous work experience in Iraq or with DRC is desirable
- DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract with possible extension. You must be available to start work in November 2016 and be willing to live and work in KRI.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A15 level of DRC’s salary scale. The R&R cycle for KRI every 12 weeks.
How to Apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking here. All applications must include a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying for this position and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Applications without a cover/motivation letter will not be considered.