The Role Summary
Our client seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, nmature and driven individual to fill the position of Financial Accountant. The role is expected to support/ provide financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare detailed monthly accounts to the agreed standards and guidelines
- Preparation and submission of all statutory returns
- Managing the receipts and deposits of cash and bank transactions, including foreign transfers
- Maintaining the fixed assets register.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and providing information for external auditors.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Suggesting updates to the accounting manual and procedures as appropriate.
- Advising and updating the CFO on any irregularities or concerns about invoices or any other financial matters.
- Liaising with the bank and daily online checking of the bank accounts.
- Liaising with the finance team to provide financial analysis on all aspects of project budgets.
- Assisting the projects team to monitor and evaluate project quarterly accounts
- Monitoring currency exchange rates.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, to be distributed to management on a timely basis. These reports include Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and Debtors Reports.
- Assist with the analytical review of month end results for discussion with the CFO
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements and Tax statements
- Continuously review the systems to ensure they are meeting the needs of the organization and to exploit the benefits of the ERP.
- Manage and protect the financial information and records of the group as relevant to their task.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the CFO.
Key competencies include
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to think/ plan on a strategic level coupled with advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Good influencers with the ability to inspire others.
Experience/ Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a business related field. Postgraduate degree would be an advantage
- Cumulative 8+ years of working experience in Finance/ Accounting
- Full professional accounting certification
- Membership to a relevant professional body (ICPAK, ACCA) is mandatory
- At least ten years’ progressive experience in Accounting.
- Demonstrated success in supervising/ mentoring and training of finance teams.
- 3-4 years’ experience at a comparative role. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
The client will offer a competitive base salary and benefits to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here