Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: JESA Farm Dairy Limited
JESA Farm Dairy Ltd boasts of the most delicious highly nutritious milk which comes to you from the JESA Farm which is nestled in the unspoiled lush greegfn pastures of Busunju. At JESA, they have built reputation on producing world class high quality dairy products. To achieve this, they start with only the finest and freshest milk from their farm and a few selected suppliers. JESA delivers aspects of their production, from the nutritious diet that the cows are fed on, through to milking, pasteurising and packaging, meet the highest possible standards to ensure that you get it fresh from JESA to your home.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will support the JESA Farm Dairy Limited in the preparation of financial statements and ensure all matters relating to financial accounting, Taxation, General Ledger and Regulatory reporting are undertaken in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and other regulatory requirements for the company and related countries. The Financial Accountant will also be responsible for all aspects of centralized payroll for employees. This includes bi-weekly processing, tax filings, adjustments, journal entries and other deductions and managing the centralized database.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership, monitor staff performance, motivate staff and provide feedback on key management decisions.
• Ensure that adequate financial systems that satisfy the reporting needs of the group are in place.
• Routinely improve the understanding of financial management issues by all staff within the company by identifying and providing basic financial management training in liaison with Head of Finance.
• Ensure adequate financial records are maintained within the company by regularly checking the correctness of accounting records.
• Regularly review daily trial balance, monthly and annual financial statements and ensure they are prepared in accordance with statutory, international and financial reporting standards and set internal procedures and report to Head of Finance every week per country.
• The incumbent will be in charge of the management of fixed assets and ensure the accuracy of the fixed asset register for the Group and compute accurate depreciation for the accounts.
• Routinely review all reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and agreement to the general ledger.
• Ensure all receivable and payable accounts are properly analyzed and cleared promptly.
• Actively participate in the preparation of timely monthly management reports and where necessary work with the Head of Finance to prepare financial reports for the group and other data as needed.
• Deputize the Financial Controller when absent from office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or any other related discipline from a recognized University.
• Possession of Full Accounting professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA or an equivalent.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in Business Administration or other related discipline would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of four years’ experience in accounting or auditing, 3 of which should have been in a management position.
• Payroll Management experience would be an added advantage.
• Ability to travel to other offices.
• Strong data management and analytical skills
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• The person should be of high morals and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.