Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is an East African human resource consulting and outsourcing company, combining unparalleled experience and expertise across business functions. Q Sourcing is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. They would like to recruit for a valuable client.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will primarily manage the financial business operations and prepare the financial accounting and management reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in liaison with finance staff and manage the conversion process from Quick books accounting software to Sage Evolution.
• The incumbent will manage accounting data entry into SAGE accounting software, processing and output (i.e. financial reports).
• Oversee the reconciliation of General Ledger accounts for all assets and liabilities and ensure their their balances are correct and representative of the respective operations.
• In charge of preparing and posting relevant month end closing accounts adjustments in the system.
• Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and to streamline a number of reporting processes to ensure deadlines are met.
• Guide Management on the Budgeting execution; monitor and evaluate Projects/ Departmental Budgets to ensure performance within budgets.
• Develop, enhance and implement effective accounting and SOP’s including sound internal controls and ensure adherence to company financial and non-financial policies.
• Ensure that effective Financial Risk management procedures are implemented to cover risks related to credit control, forex, interest exposure and inflation.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, project future revenues and expenses.
• To manage statutory and regulation requirements and to ensure effective tax planning and computations (i.e NSSF, LST, PAYE, Withholding, VAT, and Corporation tax).
• Provide supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
• Work closely with external auditors while in their annual audit exercise and to follow up recommendations, implementation of issues raised by the internal auditors and external auditors
• The Financial Accountant guides management on budgeting and all financial Accounting matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Financial Accountant should preferably hold a Degree in BCOM, BBA with a bias in accounting.
• The applicant must be a fully qualified accountant ACCA/CPA
• At least five years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably in a busy work environment.
• Working knowledge of SAGE EVOLUTION accounting package is mandatory.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals, preparedness to learn more complex principles
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with individuals at all levels, team working and customer care skills, combined with discretion.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, including a highly methodical approach and the ability to keep track of multiple pieces of work, combined with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
• Adopts a proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision, while recognizing issues that require referral.
• Good IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV via e-mail to: [email protected] Please kindly mark your application as “Application _ Financial Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 14th August, 2015