Job Title: Financial Analyst
Organization: Bank of Uganda (BoU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Financial Analyst
Job Ref: CB 5.10
The Bank of Uganda (BoU) is the Central Bank of the Republic of Uganda. It was opened on the 15th August 1966. It is 100% owned by the Government of Uganda but it is not a government Department. Bank of Uganda conducts all its activities in close association with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED). Bank of Uganda is responsible for monetary policy and maintaining price stability.
Job Summary: The Financial Analyst will support the Bank in the analyses of the financial condition/health of banks through statutory and statistical returns submitted to Bank of Uganda by banks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent collects data from banks and follows up on any data/information requests with banks to facilitate monitoring of the financial condition/health of the banks.
• In charge of preparing draft reports required to monitor performance of banks in order to ascertain the financial wellbeing of the banks.
• Visits banks to obtain clarification/information on significant variations in the data received from banks to ensure that the data submitted to Bank of Uganda is accurate.
• Routinely analyzes risks taken on by the banks to ensure that the banks have adequate systems in place to manage the identified risks.
• Participates in any ad hoc assignments to ensure timely support to banks and other stakeholders.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Financial Analyst
Key Performance Indicators:
• Draft daily and weekly reports
• Draft monthly reports
• Draft quarterly reports
• Draft reports from the review of audited financial statements of banks
• Draft reports on any ad-hoc assignment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Bank of Uganda Financial Analyst vacancy should hold a First Class or Upper Second Class Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics or Economics.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage
• Comprehensive accounting knowledge
• Skills in financial analysis
• Computer knowledge and literacy
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Age: Between 23- 30 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send application letters which should be accompanied by:
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates MUST use this BoU Curriculum Vitae to send their Curriculum Vitae, download here
• Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
• Names and contacts of three referees.
The completed applications should be delivered to the Bank of Uganda Headquarters, Plot 37/45 Kampala Road and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Department,
Bank of Uganda,
P.O Box 7120,
Deadline: 24th August 2015 by 5:00pm